Saturday, April 17, 2010

Garden Rules

Rules, Terms, and Conditions for Participation

If accepted as a gardener, I will abide by the following rules, terms and conditions.

  • I use this garden at the sole discretion of Fourth Street Community Garden. I agree to abide by its policies and practices.
  • The fee for the use of the garden is $50.00 per 10’ x 20' plot, per year, (January 1-December 31), due on or before January 1. For a plot half the size (10’ x 10') the fee would be $25.00. This fee includes water and insurance costs. Fees will be prorated for the first year for the amount of time left in the year. There are no refunds.
  • Once I have been assigned a plot, I will prepare the beds and plant within one month. I will garden year round.
  • My plot is 10' x 20' or 10' x 10'. If my plot does not already have raised beds on it, I may make my raised beds from materials provided by the manager or provide my own materials. The beds should be deep enough to provide a good growing environment for the plants, about 16 inches. I may obtain planting soil from the material provided by the garden. If I wish to use other soil, I must get permission from the garden manager. I must keep my beds free of weeds, pests and diseases.
  • I will keep my plot, paths, and surrounding areas clean and neat. I will completely separate my trash into three groups: 1) dead plants, leaves and other green waste plant parts; 2)
    rocks, stones and asphalt; and 3) paper, plastic, cardboard, wood, metal, etc. I will put each type of trash only in the areas designated specifically for each. Anything I bring from my home I will take back home. I will not bring household trash and leave it at the Fourth Street Community Garden.
  • I will not plant any illegal plant. I will not smoke, drink alcoholic beverages, use illegal drugs, or gamble in the garden. I will not come to the garden while under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs.
  • I will not bring weapons or pets or other animals to the garden.
  • Guests and visitors, including children, may enter the garden only if I accompany them. They must follow all rules, terms, and conditions stated here. I will supervise my children at all times when they are in the garden. I am solely responsible for the behavior of my guests.
  • If the garden manager assigns me general garden maintenance tasks, I must complete them by the end of the month that I am assigned them.
  • I will water my plot according to water-wise guidelines. Drip irrigation will be used. My garden water system will be on a timer. Water will be turned off when rains come and the
    temperature drops.
  • I will not apply any pesticides in the garden without the approval of the garden manager.
  • I will not make duplicate keys of any locks at the garden or give my key to another person.
  • I will not take food or plants from other gardeners’ plots. I will not take anything from the garden that is not rightfully mine.
  • I will respect other gardeners, and I will not use abusive or profane language or discriminate against others.
  • I will work to keep the garden a happy, secure, and enjoyable place where all participants can garden and socialize peacefully in a neighborly manner.
  • I forfeit my right to sue the owner of the property.

Breaking the Rules, Terms or Conditions

Breaking any rules, terms or conditions is cause for exclusion from the garden and loss of your plot.

  • You will receive one verbal warning from the garden manager.
  • If no response or correction has been made, you will receive written notice two weeks later.
  • In another two weeks, if no response or correction has been made, you will receive written final notification that you have forfeited your gardening privileges and plot.
  • You will be allowed to reapply for another garden plot only after one year, and only at the discretion of the garden manager.

No comments:

Post a Comment